Monday, October 8, 2012

Things I heard last week!

Thought this would be fun for a lighthearted change of pace!


So do you think kids will get a better education if they show up for school?
     -National news interview question to a public educator

The Boy Scout Law is to do a good turn daily.
     -Troop 13 Boy Scouts meeting

Sports Radio Personality: How fast do you think he is?
Sport Writer: I don’t know. Really fast?
Radio Personality: Yep, that’s what I think too…REALLY FAST.
     -Local sports talk radio

Wyaaaatt!
Deese is NO!
I – need – da - obruni! (which means white guy in Ghana)
     -Zoey’s words to Wyatt as he attempts to teach her how to play NBA Jams on the Wii

Life is not a snapshot, it’s a filmstrip.
     -Dave Ramsey in an interview speaking to our church

I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what a love can do
I'll be there for you
     -Jon Bon Jovi

Sports Radio Personality: I think they should run more. How do they do that?
Sports Writer: Hand the ball off more than they pass.
     -Local sports talk radio

You have to know that when you accept God’s calling there WILL be struggles. Jesus spent a great deal of time explaining this to the apostles before he left. He didn’t go into specifics on what the severity would be. The severity of the trial will be different for all of us but the fact is THERE WILL BE TRIALS AND STRUGGLES when we are obedient to God! What we must examine in ourselves is are we willing to accept His calling knowing we’ll face opposition every time we are obedient?
     -Wise counsel