Friday, May 27, 2011

Ooh Yeah!

Thank you friends for all the kind messages from those of you who know I am saddened this week.




For those of you who don’t know here is the AP press release from last week:




Randy "Macho Man" Savage, a larger-than-life personality from professional wrestling's 1980s flying-elbow heyday known for his raspy voice, brash style and the young woman named Miss Elizabeth who often accompanied him, died in a car crash Friday in Florida. He was 58.





Yes, I am a child of the 80’s and I’ve seen yet another one of my hero’s go down like a bad episode of the The Fall Guy. Oops, you’re right; bad analogy. There were no bad episodes of The Fall Guy!








But seriously these wrestlers were a huge part of my life! Every weekend these guys were wrestling in my living room via antenna! Often right up until it was time for Sunday night church. Mom, who was not much of a fan, would come out of the bedroom like a villain hiding under the rink with a steel chair, and would yell, “You two quit! It’s time for church!” Each and every week saving my Dad’s bacon! I was always one crossfaced chicken wing or scorpion deathlock away from the household heavy weight belt.








In my life I’ve seen wrestling hero after wrestling hero pass…all the Von Erich’s, Andre the Giant, Junk Yard Dog a.k.a JYD, Big Boss Man, Wahoo McDaniel, Ravishing Rick Rude, Bam Bam Bigelow…who will be next? NO, don’t say it! Hulkamania will live forever!!