Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Double Dog Dare You!

These lyrics from the Lincoln Brewster song Power of Your Name really got to me this week. Another one of those times where I've been diggin' the song for a while then the words just jump out and grab you. I LOVE IT when God works that way.

Here are just a few of the lyrics.

I will live
To carry
Your compassion
To love a world that's broken
To be Your hands and feet
I will give
With the life that I've been given
And go beyond religion
To see the world be changed
By the power of Your Name
Surely life wasn't made to regret
And the lost were not made to forget
Surely faith without action is dead
Let Your Kingdom come
Lord break this heart

Have you ever prayed, “God break my heart for what breaks yours?”

I challenge you, no I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU, and won’t even ask you to stick your tongue to a frozen flag pole if you will try it for one week.

A simple one sentence prayer, once a day, that could change your life if you’re willing to let it.

God break my heart for what breaks yours.