Monday, April 19, 2010

Raise your hands!!

Took this picture with my phone during the Rock and Worship Roadshow last Thursday night. The body of Christ in the thousands, mostly youth, filling up a venue like the Ford Center in Oklahoma City to praise God through Christian music.

Is this what the Psalmists had in mind when they said…

Psalm 63 (NIV)
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

Psalm 134 (NIV)
2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
and praise the LORD.

Psalm 141 (Message)
1-2 God, come close. Come quickly!
Open your ears—it's my voice you're hearing!
Treat my prayer as sweet incense rising;
my raised hands are my evening prayers.

Psalm 150 (Message)
1-6 Hallelujah! Praise God in his holy house of worship,
praise him under the open skies;
Praise him for his acts of power,
praise him for his magnificent greatness;
Praise with a blast on the trumpet,
praise by strumming soft strings;
Praise him with castanets and dance,
praise him with banjo and flute;
Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum,
praise him with fiddles and mandolin.
Let every living, breathing creature praise God!
Hallelujah!

P.S. Jesus music rocks baby!!