Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Top 10 of 2009

10. The look on my oldest son Winston’s face when his old runaway dog came home. Actually Christy was the one who saw his face when she picked him up from school and Missy was in the car to greet him. Maybe I’ll post that story on the blog sometime.

9. MercyMe in concert! I can only imagine…

8. The look on both my kids faces when they woke up to a white Christmas and Santa leaving a dog. Is that like a movie or what??

7. Staying a week in a beach house in Gulf Shores, AL with good friends – yes, Alabama has a beach and it rocks!

6. My 5 year old son Wyatt not breaking a bone or needing stitches…though we were close a couple times.

5. My 8 year old son Winston going through a stress test with his cardiologist and finding out everything is still holding 7 years after open-heart surgery.

4. Celebrating 12 years of marriage with my awesome wife Christy. No one else would have put up with me for this long.

3. Getting to spend three nights with my grandpa at his house after my grandmother passed away. I heard all the old stories over again but it was the new ones about her that let me see a glimpse into his heart. I could have done without the 3:30 a.m. wakeup calls to eat breakfast…some things never change they just get earlier!

2. Seeing a group of believers adopt a family down on their luck that they knew nothing about and had nothing in common with simply because that’s what Jesus would have done. Even better is seeing that families life change and we now call them friend.

1. Finally, hearing and answering God’s call to minister then doing something crazy like planting a church (Fellowship of Believers). Even better, is the word and vision God continues to bring to me each week and people actually keep showing up to hear it. And best of all, people are seeing Christ and lives are being changed!!

Praise God for an awesome 2009 and I can’t wait for what 2010 brings!