Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Say no to java.

Brothers, sisters, friends, followers, lurkers,

Pray for me. I'm fasting for an undetermined amount of time. God and I are needing to have more than just a visit over coffee, no, we're needing to get deep. And when I know it's time to get deep I've started to learn it's time to fast.

I'm new to fasting, NEVER even tried it until last year and WOW! It's an amazing opportunity for you to get seriously deep with God. I've never had God speak more clearly to me in my life than in these times.

I was reminded of these things this week by a fellow pastor.

-God’s plans for your life/ministry are greater than yours! (I Corinthians 2:9, Ephesians 3:20, Isaiah 49:6) SEEK HIM!!!
-God will surround you with the right people in order to make His vision become a reality. (
Proverbs 15:22)
-God will reveal what He wants in His time…and it will be amazing! (
Ecclesiastes 3:11)

P.S. Because I know someone will ask. I fast coffee. May seem funny, but it doesn't have to be food. Coffee, because I crave it, I go to bed at night ready to have it in the morning, it's my comfort and closest thing I have to an addiction. When I'm off the coffee my body cries out for it and when it can't have it my mind and body have to focus on something and that thing is HIM!