Monday, October 5, 2009

The start of something special!

We assembled, people came, the Spirit moved, I am humbled to tears, I am blessed. That about sums my thoughts from Sunday morning.

I was convinced that this flu bug going around, even closing schools locally, was Satan’s personal attack on this new fellowship of believers Sunday morning worship. But even when, some had to turn around on their way due to illness, the hour came and people showed. It was absolutely awesome to see the Sprit move in a group of believers assembled together to praise our One and Only. And one of the side benefits; getting to elbow the Devil in the throat 1989 Detroit Pistons Bill Laimbeer style baby! Didn't even have to wear the 1980's NBA shorty shorts! Though I had to in high school, but that's another story and a really bad picture I hope never surfaces.

I still can’t believe God chose me, an ordinary man, for this. I know how David felt when he wrote…Who am I, my Master God, and what is my family, that you have brought me to this place in life? 1 Chronicles 17:16

And you know what’s awesome? The reason I can relate to David is because the same God that worked in David’s life a couple thousand years ago is the same God that is working today in right here in Ada, Oklahoma. Think about that! Wow! That's the God that can raise people from the dead so don't think for a minute he can't work in your life.