Monday, October 26, 2009

Don't, won't and will not...

Today while listening to a sermon I was smacked in the face with this reality. And in being transparent and totally honest I had to fight back the tears in my office.

Some people don't want to be saved.

They want to do what they want, when they want, and how they want and will until the day they die...THEY DON'T WANT TO BE SAVED! I never thought of things from this perspective. I always thought well they just need to hear the message the way this guy can preach it or they just need to read this scripture in this way or spend some time with this person. In our walk of faith and in our pursuit of proclaiming the good news of Jesus we will encounter these people and that breaks me.

Maybe I’ve been na├»ve. I know myself and I know I’ll continue to think optimistically, as we all should, and I’ll truly hold out hope and will never give up on anyone. And I'm not saying that there's not hope because the power of God that raised the Christ from the dead is still alive and well TODAY.

BUT, some will not respond and that is reality. It breaks me that they don’t want to know Jesus, what He's about or what He can do in their life now and when their life is over.

I’m trying to digest this…had to get it out…maybe more to come.